If you enjoy Northern Michigan State Parks and their:
- Spectacular Natural Settings
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere
- Accommodations for All Types of Campers
But you also enjoy:
- A Secure & Quiet Camp Site
- Wi-Fi* (*click for more info)
- A Heated Pool (open Memorial Day through Labor Day)
- Sites for large RVs with all hookups
- Sites large enough for big rig RVs
- A Friendly Family Owned Campground
You need to experience Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. With campsites for all types of campers and lakefront cabin rentals situated on over 200 acres with one mile of shoreline facing the Straits of Mackinac, Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is a favorite for Michigan State Park travelers.
If you or people in your group golf, you should know that Michigan State Parks do not offer golf course discounts as a part of your site rental. Our guests receive discounts at our 18-hole Mackinaw Club Golf Course when you stay at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. (Some restrictions apply - see our Discount Tickets page for more information).
Northern Michigan has some of the nations most historic, tranquil and scenic State Parks. Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping has been built from the ground up by "camping operators" who understand the outdoor experience and were inspired by our magnificent state parks.Related Links:
Click below for specific park info on these local state parks.
Northern Michigan State Parks
- Aloha State Park - 285 campsites on Mullett Lake near Cheboygan, MI
- Burt Lake State Park - 306 campsites on 406 acres near Indian River, MI
- Cheboygan State Park - 76 campsites with hiking trails in Cheboygan, MI
- Fort Michilimackinac State Park - 1770s-era fort, Mackinac State Historic Park
- Mill Creek Discovery Park - Reconstructed sawmill, trails, & exhibits
- Mackinac Island State Park - Michigan's 1st State Park, open year round
- Onaway State Park - 158 acres with 96 campsites on Black Lake
- Petoskey State Park - 168 campsites on 2 campgrounds near Little Traverse Bay
- Straits State Park - 270 campsites & the Father Marquette Memorial
- Wilderness State Park - 250 campsites, year-round recreational activities
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping vs. Northern Michigan State Parks
Camping styles vary widely and many State Parks may not be a good fit for some campers, such as large RVs or campers with infants or very small children. Northern Michigan State Parks vary in their accommodations, features and facilities, so we have gathered information on the various individual Northern Michigan State Parks and their facilities and contrasted them with Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. The chart below compares Northern Michigan State Parks versus Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.
|Amenities||Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping||Northern Michigan State Parks|
|Site Types||Dozens of site types||Varies|
|Full Hookup Sites||200 Full Hookup Sites||Varies|
|Cabin Rentals||Variety of Lakefront Cabin Rentals||Varies|
|RV Friendly||Large RV Sites, Seasonal RV Sites & RV Sanitation Station||Varies|
|Park Store||Camp Store (Memorial Day to Labor Day)||Varies|
|Playgrounds||3 Playgrounds & Basketball Court||Varies|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi* (*click for more info)||Not available at Northern Michigan State Parks|
|Modern Camping||Heated Pool (seasonal), Paved Roads, 3 Shower Buildings, Flush Toilets||Varies|
|Activities & Natural Surroundings||Natural Beaches, Trails, Metal Detecting||Varies|
|LP Gas Refill||Available at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping||Not available at Northern Michigan State Parks|
|Shuttle Service||Free shuttle service to Mackinac Island Ferry||Not available from Northern Michigan State Parks|
|Fee for Camper Pass||No extra fee charged for registered guests.||Daily fees apply.|
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping Amenities
- small, medium & very large tents
- small & medium motor homes
- extra large motor coaches with slide outs
- tent trailers & pop-ups
- groups & large rallies
- Even those who wish to sleep in the great outdoors with sleeping bags are welcome!
- Full Hookup 50amp LARGE
- Full Hookup 30amp LARGE
- Electric & Water 30amp
- Electric & Water 20amp
- 30amp or 20amp Electric
- Non Electric
- Super Saver Discount Camping Area
- See our Campsites page for more details.
- Bridgeview Cabins with Bathrooms
- Lakeview Cabins with Bathrooms
- Mackinac Island View Lake House
- Medium Cabins with Bathrooms
- Large Cabins with Bathrooms
- Medium & Large Cabins (no bathrooms)
- The Icopod (Best Value)
- Motel Rooms
- See our Cabins page and Cabin Comparison Chart for more details.
- Bridgeview Campsites
- Lakeview Campsites
- Modern Lakefront Cabin Rentals
- Bridgeview Cabin Rentals
- Large RV Sites
- Seasonal RV Sites
- Large RV Sanitation Station
- Fresh Pizza
- Ice Cream
- Camp T-shirts & Sweatshirts
- Free Mini Golf
- Three Playgrounds
- Full-sized Basketball Court
- Wi-Fi* Internet Access (*click for more info)
- Heated Pool (seasonal)
- Paved Roads
- Three Shower Buildings
- Flush Toilets
- Swimming (natural beaches)
- Trails for Hiking & Biking
- Metal Detecting
See our full list of campground amenities, including:
- Bike Rentals
- FREE Antique Firetruck and Hayrides
- FREE Shuttle to the Mackinac Island Ferries
- Discount Tickets
- Discounts for the Mackinac Island Ferry
- Discounts to the Jack Pine Lumberjack Shows
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping offers cottage and cabin rentals at our vacation resort with the modern conveniences of water, electricity and bathroom facilities. Travelers seeking Michigan State Park information, brochures or rates should compare the features and costs to visit Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.
Whether or not you are planning an event, Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping has the facilities and beautiful setting to help make your visit to the State Parks of Michigan a memorable and enjoyable time for all.
If you are searching for Northern Michigan State Park resorts for accommodations, recreation, or camping you will want to consider Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. Located only two miles south of the Mackinac Bridge, Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping also features accommodations for large RVs, cabin, cottage and lakefront kitchenette rentals. Northern Michigan State Parks do not feature Mackinac Bridgeview cottages, cabins or kitchenette rentals. If you are interested in a Northern Michigan State Park cabin rental or cabin resort, experience camping at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping's 200 acre campground with one mile of shoreline on the Straits of Mackinac.
State Park campers with pets in search of a dog friendly camping site will be happy to know that that Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is a pet friendly resort. We are a family friendly campground, enforcing quiet hours after 10pm, while Northern Michigan State Parks do not.
When searching for reservations, cabin resorts, or RV parks you will want to compare the rates, location and features of Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping vs. Northern Michigan State Parks. Campers who may not enjoy State Park vacation resorts might be interested in motels or hotels until they have tried a beautiful cabin at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. If you like the experience of a Northern Michigan State Park resort, but you need a hook up with water and electric for your RV, Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is an RV Resort Park with extra-large RV hookup sites. Campers are encouraged to compare State Park costs, fees or site rentals to Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping's thrifty rental fee costs, which are among the lowest in the State of Michigan.
Many campers who previously stayed at Northern Michigan State Parks now prefer Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping because of its large RV and trailer park sites that feature sewer and water full hookups. State Park campers who prefer tenting or campers who enjoy tent campgrounds specifically designed for tents will not be disappointed by the beautiful natural camping areas at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. State Park travel trailer campers seeking an RV park or resort that specifically accommodates their trailers need look no farther than Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. Small motor homes and vans are a convenient way to camp and campers will find no shortage of beautiful sites at Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.