Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping hosts dozens of large groups and rallies each season in the Carp Lake area. Whether you're a group of RVers, motor coaches, bicyclists, or just an affiliation of campers of all shapes and sizes we can help you make your event a success. With dozens of site types as well as cabin rentals we can accommodate any type of traveling group.
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping has several features that are specially available to groups/rallies:
- A 100 x 60 foot group/rally building
- Large tent area (in the past some groups have pitched circus sized tents)
- Group size bonfire containers
- Special entrance gate for large rallies
Our reservation specialists handle groups of all sizes and might even be able to make suggestions to the most organized and experienced rally/group leaders that could help make their events even more successful, trouble-free and enjoyable.
If you are planning a group or family event see our group/family reunion information.
With over a dozen site types, we can accommodate:
- Small, medium and very large tents
- Bicyclists and bicycle groups
- Small Motor Homes
- Medium-size motorhomes
- Extra large motor coaches with slide outs
- Tent trailers
- Camping cabins
- Camping cabins with bathrooms
- Lakefront camping cabins
- Groups and Large Rallies
- Mackinac Bridgeview camping cabins
- Even those who wish to sleep in the great outdoors with a sleeping bag are welcome
Voted one of Michigan's most family friendly campgrounds by the Detroit News, our campground is pet friendly and child friendly with large playgrounds, a full size basketball court and a sandy beach as well as a heated pool (open Memorial Day through Labor Day). You can find us located just 2 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge in Mackinaw City on US Highway 23. You can invite your camping friends because along with cabins, cottages and kitchenettes we also have campsites.
See a video about the camp and learn about the camp's history on our video blog.
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping has all types of cabins and campsites to accommodate the smallest pup tent all the way up to the largest and most luxurious RV. Ranging from beautiful Lakefront locations to Super Saver sites for the budget conscious - we have it all.
- Basic (no hookups)
- 20 amp electric
- 30 amp electric
- 20 amp electric and water
- 30 amp electric and water
- 30 amp electric and water XL
- 20 amp sewer and water
- 30 amp sewer and water
- 50 amp sewer and water XL
- 200+ Full Hookup Sites
- Large RV Sites
Cabin Rentals include:
- cabin rentals
- large cabin rentals
- large cabin rentals with bathrooms
- large lakefront cabin rentals with bathrooms
- large loft cabin rentals with bathrooms
- large lakefront loft cabin rentals with bathrooms
- large Bridgeview cabin rentals with bathrooms
- Mackinac Island View Lake House
- Mackinac Lake Trail Motel
Whether you are planning a family reunion, wedding or anniversary celebration or any type of family event, Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping has the facilities and beautiful setting to help make it a successful and memorable time for all.
The campground's features and facilities include:
- 1 mile of shoreline
- Bike Rentals
- Trails for Hiking/Biking
- Paved Roads
- Discount Tickets for Local Attractions
- FREE Shuttle to Mackinac Island Ferry
- FREE Antique Firetruck/Hayrides
- Wi-Fi* (*click for more info)
- LP Gas Refill
- 3 Shower Buildings
- Flush Toilets
- 3 Playgrounds
- Arcade and Game Room (seasonal*)
- Full-Size Basketball Court
- Heated Pool (seasonal*)
- Natural Swimming Beach on the Great Lakes
- FREE Miniature Golf (seasonal*)
- Park Store (seasonal*)
- RV Sanitation Station
- Groups & Rallies Building
* Seasonal facilities open Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Carp Lake Area Attractions
If you are considering northern Michigan or the Carp Lake area as a destination or a stopping point for your group for rally you probably already know about the many world-class attractions located here.
Even if your group has been to the Carp Lake area in the past, you will find no shortage of wonderful and memorable things to do. There are many new attractions, like the Courtyard Shopping District of Mackinaw City and the 310-acre, 18-hole Mackinaw Club Golf Course. Not to mention the obvious world-class attractions that caused Mackinac Island to be named the second National Park in the United States, (after Yellowstone National Park).
Here is a list of some of the most popular local attractions:
- Mackinac Island
- Mill Creek Adventure Park
- Historic Fort Michilimackinac
- Mackinaw Club Golf Course (18 holes, 310 acres)
- The Soo Locks
- Tahquamenon Falls
- Oswald's Bear Ranch
- Garlyn Zoo
- Whitefish Point & Shipwreck Museum
- ... More Local Attractions
Mill Creek Discovery Park
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping is located nearly "next door" to Mill Creek Discovery Park (formerly known as Mill Creek Historic Park). Operated by the State Park Commission (the same agency that operates Mackinac Island), Mill Creek Discovery Park features an operating water-powered saw mill from the revolutionary war period that is fully reconstructed.
Mackinac Island is a State Historic Park and as such there is no camping on the Island. However, directly facing Mackinac Island and directly opposite the Grand Hotel on the mainland, is the area's largest and most popular campsite, us - Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping. The camp features a free shuttle to the island ferries and the camp's web page has extensive information on the Carp Lake area.
Since no motor vehicles are allowed on Mackinac Island, there is no ferry equipped to transport motor vehicles. But that doesn't stop anyone from enjoying the historical landmarks, natural curiosities, taking in the shopping opportunities, visiting the fudge shops, saloons, Victorian mansions or the spectacular scenery. Livery stables put horses n' carriages at your beck and call. If live transportation is not your style, you have your choice of bicycle rentals to find just the ride to suit your fancy.