Campground rules and information, including quiet hours, pet rules, pool hours and more for Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.
- Quiet Hours: 10 PM to 9 AM. No radios or music, and no loud voices or loud noises of any type allowed. NO generators allowed at any time. Report disturbances when the office is closed (888) 853-6779.
- Visitors and Night Guests: Register at office - fees apply. Visitor hours are from 9 AM to 9 PM. No visitors on July 4 and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
- Motorized & Electric Vehicles:
Caution - children appear on roads suddenly!
- Golf Carts & Side-by-Sides require a $5 permit at check-in.
- Campers must obtain a permit from the Office.
- Driver must be 21 years or older with a valid driver's license.
- Headlights are required after dark.
- The speed limit is 5mph throughout the park.
- Drivers must stay on designated roadways.
- Micromobility Devices:
Electric scooters, mopeds, eBikes, hoverboards, electric skateboards, Segways, etc.
- Single rider ONLY per micromobility device.
- Seat attachments on hoverboards are not allowed.
- Must be of visible height.
- Headlights and rear lights must be on for ALL devices at night.
- Must follow ALL street signs, including stopping at all stop signs.
- We encourage all riders to wear proper safety gear.
- Pool Hours: 10 AM - 10 PM (in season). Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Campsites: One outlet, one table per site. Electrical adapters are available for rent or purchase at the office and Park Store.
- Fires: Fires are allowed in a container. One fire pan to a site. Do not bring firewood into the park. All campfires out at midnight.
- Pets: Do not leave dogs unattended at your campsite if they will bark and disturb your neighbors. No aggressive dogs. Dogs must be kept quiet, on a leash & cleaned up after. (Suggested list of Dog Kennels).
- Garbage: Take all garbage to bins across from the office.
- Dish Washing: No dishwashing in bathrooms or near drinking water (Michigan State Department of Health). Wash dishes at your site, put food scraps in garbage (to avoid attracting wildlife) dump waste water on road or in bushes (dish soap is biodegradable).
- Do Not Feed Wild Animals: Do not feed gulls, Canadian geese or swans.
- Children: Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Your cooperation to enforce a 10 PM curfew for minor children will be appreciated.
- Car Washing: No RV or car washing. Cheboygan has multiple touch free car wash locations.
- Laundromat: We do not have a laundromat. However, there is a nice one in town. (See the Mackinaw City Map).
- Firetruck: The firetruck cannot pick up unaccompanied children. It runs nightly (in season) until dusk, weather permitting. An adult must flag down or ask store to radio the truck for a ride. Rides are first come, first serve. Truck can not pick up riders if full. On busy nights we may not be able to accommodate everyone.
- Drones: Drones are only allowed to be flown out along the shoreline in front of Posts 1-13. Strictly prohibited everywhere else.
- The Final "Common Sense" Rule: Just because there is not a rule here for something, if we determine that someone is doing something that "isn't right," you will hear from us about it.