July 30th, 2014
War of 1812 Tour
For the commemoration of the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, the soldier and townsperson will be leading people around to talk about the war, its effects on the fort and the American army and the town of Mackinac Island, and how the people of the island responded, what happened to the displaced American soldiers, and how the British soldiers lived with the American citizens for 3 years of occupation.
(Limited to 35 participants. Walking for about 3/4 - 1 mile.)
Wednesday, July 30th
7:15 pm - 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Adult - $5
- Youth (5-17) - $3
- Children 4 & under and Mackinac Associates above Heritage level – Free.
Info provided by: www.mackinacparks.com
- Local events are listed as a courtesy; local events are in no way sponsored by us (unless otherwise specified).
- Please confirm events before planning to travel.
- Please contact us to submit corrections and/or additions to our Mackinaw City area Calendar of Local Events.
- Provided by Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping and Mackinac Lakefront Cabin Rentals