Campground rules and information, including quiet hours, pet rules, pool hours and more for Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.
- Quiet Hours: 10pm to 9am. No amplified music, and no loud voices or loud noises of any type allowed. Report disturbances when the office is closed (888) 853-6779.
- Visitors and Night Guests: Register at office - fees apply. Visitors must abide by park rules. Visitor hours are from 9am to 9pm. No visitors allowed on July 4 and Labor Day weekends.
- Speed Limit: Park speed limit is 5 mph. Caution - children appear on roads suddenly.
- Pool Hours: 10am to 10pm (in season). Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Campsites: One outlet, one table, one fire pan per camp site. Electrical adapters are available at the office.
- Motorized Vehicles & Generators: Generators, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, etc. Noisy motors disturb the restful enjoyment of other campers and are not permitted. Individual exceptions may be granted by the office.
- Fires: Fires are allowed in a container (available for free at the park store). Limit of one fire pan to a site. Please prevent the spread of the emerald ash borer - do not bring firewood into the park. Put ashes in "ashes only" containers. All campfires out at midnight. (See our Firewood Policy).
- Pets: No aggressive dogs. Limit two dogs per site. Dogs must be kept quiet, on a leash, cleaned up after, and be attended to at all times. Dogs are not allowed on the beach. Do not leave dogs unattended at your campsite. (Suggested list of Dog Kennels).
- Garbage: Take all garbage to bins at the office. Leaving trash in ash cans or in service buildings is a fire hazard and can attract wild animals.
- Dish Washing: No dishwashing in bathrooms or near drinking water (Michigan State Department of Health).
- Do Not Feed Wild Animals: Do not feed gulls, Canadian geese or swans. Feeding will cause them to become aggressive. In addition, droppings can damage the finish on your car, tent or camper.
- Children: Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Your cooperation to enforce a 10pm curfew will be appreciated.
- Car Washing: No RV or car washing. Mackinaw has a touch free car wash. (See the Mackinaw City Map).
- Laundromat: Due to wastewater restrictions, we do not have a laundromat. However, there is a nice one in town. (See the Mackinaw City Map).
- Loud Vehicles: For the benefit of our guests, we reserve the right to refuse noisy vehicles of any type (i.e. car, pickup, motorcycles).
- The Final "Common Sense" Rule: Just because there is not a rule here for something, if we determine that someone is doing something that "isn't right," you will hear from us about it.