Campground rules and information, including quiet hours, pet rules, pool hours and more for Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping.
- Quiet Hours: 10pm to 9am. No amplified music, and no loud voices or loud noises of any type allowed. Report disturbances when the office is closed (888) 853-6779.
- Visitors and Night Guests: Register at office - fees apply. Visitors must abide by park rules. Visitor hours are from 9am to 9pm. No visitors allowed on July 4 and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
- Speed Limit: Park speed limit is 5 mph. Caution - children appear on roads suddenly.
- Pool Hours: 10am to 10pm (in season). Swim at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Campsites: One outlet, one table, one fire pan per camp site. Electrical adapters are available at the office.
- Motorized Vehicles & Generators: Generators, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, etc. Noisy motors disturb the restful enjoyment of other campers and are not permitted. Individual exceptions may be granted by the office. Noisy vehicles may not be allowed to enter.
- Fires: Fires are allowed in a container. If your site does not have a fire ring, obtain one from one of the fire pan stations. One fire pan to a site. Protect our forest and prevent the spread of destructive firewood borne molds and insects - do not bring firewood into the park. All campfires out at midnight. (See our Firewood Policy).
- Pets: Do not leave dogs unattended at your campsite if they will bark and disturb your neighbors. No aggressive dogs. Dogs must be kept quiet, on a leash, cleaned up after. (Suggested list of Dog Kennels).
- Garbage: Take all garbage to bins at the office. No garbage in Ash Cans, please.
- Dish Washing: No dishwashing in bathrooms or near drinking water (Michigan State Department of Health).
- Do Not Feed Wild Animals: Do not feed gulls, Canadian geese or swans.
- Children: Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Your cooperation to enforce a 10pm curfew for minor children will be appreciated.
- Car Washing: No RV or car washing. Mackinaw has a touch free car wash. (See the Mackinaw City Map).
- Laundromat: Due to wastewater restrictions, we do not have a laundromat. However, there is a nice one in town. (See the Mackinaw City Map).
- Firetruck: The firetruck cannot pick up unaccompanied children. It runs nightly (in season) until dusk, weather permitting. An adult must flag down or ask store to radio the truck for a ride. Rides are first come, first serve. Truck can not pick up riders if full. Don't wait to ask - on busy nights we may not be able to accommodate everyone.
- The Final "Common Sense" Rule: Just because there is not a rule here for something, if we determine that someone is doing something that "isn't right," you will hear from us about it.